South Central Railways announced that have taken following steps to prevent the miss use of Tatkal Scheme.
- Access to Tatkal booking to the Agents who are booking through Inter-net is denied during the opening hours of reservation, ie, between 08 00 am and 09 00 am.
- Stringent refund rules are adopted to discourage frivolous and proxy booking
- Facility of change of name is not permissible under Tatkal Scheme to prevent transfer of Tatkal Tickets.
- With a view to reduce the chance of misuse of e-ticketing facility by IRCTC Agents, quick book option and cash card booking have been stopped between 8 00 am to 9 00 am.
- Individual users are permitted to book only two tickets between 8 00 am to 9 00 am.
- Regular checking are conducted by senior officials reservation offices, particularly during opening hours to check the activities of touts and other unscrupulous elements.
- The load of IRCTC server has been augmented to facilitate easy accessibility to Internet and booking by passengers.