Rail Budget 2010 For Tamilnadu
Union Minister Mamata Banarjee On Feb 24th, 2010 says that 14 New Trains for Tamilnadu.
which consist of a new train 'Chennai – Coimbatore Duronto Express' will be a day time point to point service between the two cities. This will be cheaper and faster compared to Rajdhani Express.
To promote tourism, special tourist trains called 'Bharat Tirth' connecting tourist towns in the State such as Madurai, Rameswaram, Kanyakumari with Mantralayam, Varanasi, Mysore, Goa, will be operated.
Other new trains for Tamilnadu are as follows
- Nagercoil- Bangalore Express via Madurai and Hosur
- Tiruchirapalli – Mangalore (Weekly) Express
- Coimbatore – Tirupati Intercity (Tri-weekly) Express via Salem
- Madurai - Tirupati ( Bi-weekly) Express
- Howrah – Katpadi (Vellore) – Puducherry (Weekly) Express
- Haldia – Chennai (Weekly) Express
- Chennai - New Jalpaiguri (Weekly) Express
- Tiruchendur -Tirunelveli Passenger
- Mayiladuthurai – Thanjavur Passenger
- Coimbatore – Pollachi Passenger
Main line EMU services between Coimbatore and Erode, Tirupati and Chennai via Nellore and between Salem and Katpadi.